In addition to the GW trail race and junior races we are piloting our first Canicross trail race.
The numbers are limited to 20 to enable us to evaluate the logistics of holding such a race.
The route is similar to that of the GWTR but does differ. It will be clearly marked with flags with paw mark and a GPX is available below for those who wish to download it.
1. All runners must have their own insurance to cover themselves, their dogs and third parties. This can be through standard annual insurance (although we recommend you check with your insurance company if you are unsure) or organisations such as K9 Dog Sport Center.
2. All dogs must have appropriate harnesses for racing, that do not restrict breathing or mechanical movement and allows you to keep them under control at all times. Dogs will not be allowed to run attached to collars, on extending leads or free running.
3. Dogs must be attached to their runner via a bungee lead (no more than 2m in length) that is connected to either a hip or waist belt.
4. All runners must wear appropriate trail/fell trainers suitable for the terrain that is being run on.
5. It is recommended that runners carry at least a waterproof jackets.
6. All dogs should be vaccinated or titre tested, the only exception to this is where dogs have medical conditions that prevent this. Treatment against Kennel Cough is at the discretion of the owner.
Responsibility for you and your dog is entirely at your own discretion. Canicross Cumbria, Howgill Harriers or its members will not be held responsible or accountable for any accident/injury/illness.